Train Today for
More Training Info > Resources
Wilderness Sports Links
- The Mountain Zone
- Anything and everything dealing with climbing, from rock climbing in Yosemite to alpine ascents on Everest.
- Great information for Pacific Northwest climbers, including
trip reports, gear critiques and gear swap
- GORP: Great Outdoor Recreation Pages
- Hiker? Biker? Outdoor adventure traveler? GORP has tons of interesting links to visit.
- The Mountaineers
- Home page for the Seattle-based Mountaineers, complete with course and event
- Very well-done and informative site with a wealth of
climbing information ranging from how to train indoors, to where to find
good bouldering information, to local competitions and more!
- Lots of great information about climbing in Alaska.
- Bucket List Adventure Coaching
- Like having your own personal concierge for Outdoors Adventure Goals. They can handle all the tricky planning and logistics.
- Mountaineering & Backpacking Gear Reviews.
Recomended Guide Services
- Alpine Ascents International
- Berg Adventures International
- Mountain Madness
- Rainier Mountaineering Inc.
- Whittaker Mountaineering
- Elite Fitness Systems by Dave Tate
- Provides plenty of tips on how to train most effectively for the 3 major lifts: bench
press, deadlift and squat. Includes comments from lifters who train through the
Westside Barbell Club with Louie Simmons. In case you've ever wondered
about Doug's chains for variable resistance workouts...
- Iron Mind Enterprises,
- Strongman. Weightlifting. Highland Games. Arm
wrestling. Powerlifting. Training. Athlete profiles. Major contest coverage.
And much more. Gold medal quality. Soft cover book format. Not only do
they put out the magazine Milo, but they also have specialized strength
training gear available including grip trainers like Rolling Thunder.
- The Stretching Handbook
- A site dedicated to stretching and flexibility. Sign up for their free newsletter!
Online Professional Journals
of Performance Enhancement
- Presents accurate scientific
information about athletic performance enhancement featuring
peer-reviewed articles on nutrition, exercise physiology, training
techniques and more. Updated quarterly with a free on-line
subscription as well as new training certification as Certified Performance
Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- On-line nutrition information, including free announcement
e-newsletter when new issues appear.
of Applied Physiology
- The Physician and Sports Medicine Online
- Great site for people looking for resources dealing with physical therapy, injuries, and
- Glycemic Index Lists--by
- Curious to find out more about which foods will leave you hungry and which
ones satisfied? This will link you right to a list of popular foods
and their Glycemic Index values.
- Learn how to lose weight in a healthy way. Free diet, health
and fitness tips and resources.
Other Notable Links
of New South Wales Rowing Club
- Includes rowing news from Australia and around the world,
as well as a great compilation of rowing tips, hints and coaching strategies
on their Coach's Corner
- Super Jock 'n' Jill
- Visit this shoe and clothing store near Greenlake (in
Seattle) for knowledgeable help selecting appropriate running
footwear. Also periodically updates local running events and